Productivity and Quality for Digitization Projects
Bookeye® 4 Professional Archive overhead book scanner and book copier is suitable for digitization projects that require high quality and maximum productivity even in 24/7 operation.
Originals up to A2+ in size such as books, magazines, posters, folders or bound documents of all types, can be digitized at high speed and a maximum resolution of 600 dpi using Bookeye® 4 Professional Archive.
The unique book cradle solution allows scanning either at a 120 degree angle or flat.
V-Shaped Glass Plate for High Productivity
The v-shaped book cradle enables distortion free scans while it also protects the book binding. The balanced design allows effortless scanning without any physical effort.
For exact positioning on the book fold, the V-shaped glass plate is moved horizontally. If required, the V-shaped glass plate can be removed without requiring any tools or special technical training.
Software solutions for current and future digitization projects
A high-performance production scanner is dependent on a strong capturing software. Image Access has four powerful software packages in its portfolio for Bookeye® 4 Professional Archive which enable optimal capture for large projects. Batch Scan Wizard, BCS-2 and Goobi UCC are designed to compliment the Bookeye® 4 Professional Archive and can meet any requirement within a digitization project.
Furthermore, the Bookeye® 4 Professional Archive can also be used via the optional TWAIN driver interfacing with third party applications.
Bookeye® 4 V2 Professional Archive Functions
- Color overhead scanner for formats up to A2+
- Exceeds FADGI ** guidelines, ISO 19264-1
- 400 x 400 dpi / 600 x 600 dpi Scanner resolution
- V-shaped book cradle 120 – 180 degrees
- V-shaped glass plate for perfect scans
- Open client interface for operation with BSW, BCS-2 and other 3rd party Software
- Folder mode for scanning complete file folders
- EMC (2) certified
- Book Fold Correction – Scan bound documents without annoying shadows
- Automatic finger and thumb removal
- Automatic Crop & Deskew
- Integrated billing module
- Digital color balance
- Integrated ICC-profile
- Automatic white balance and black value
- Scan2USB — Walk-up Scanning to USB Stick
- Scan2Print — Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Scan2Network — Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
- Scan2Pad® — Operation via tablets or other mobile devices
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
Bookeye® 4 V2 Professional Archive Features
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large color WVGA touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- Virus resistant Linux operating system
- OS independent, runs with Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Easy installation
- Remote maintenance and analysis
- Web based firmware updates
- Includes 12 months Full Coverage Warranty
Bookeye® 4 V2 Professional Archive Options
- Foot Switch — Hardware option for batch scanning
- Upgrade Client-Interface & 600 dpi — Software option to production scanner
- Scan2ICC — Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- Scan2TWAIN — TWAIN driver for Client-Interface & 600 dpi)
- Scan2OCR — Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with ScanWizard)
- Full Coverage Warranty — Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts